Hello! Would you like to join our amazing team?
View our available positions below
After School program in Johnson City, TN and Bristol, TN
Hourly rate: $8.50-$10.00
Part-time hourly 20-25 hours a week
Employee must be available to work part-time in our school year program (August 2021 to May 2022).
2 pm to 7 pm M-F (no weekends)
Our mission is to help our children grow in wisdom (offering tutoring opportunities for academic success) and stature (feeding proper nutrition with snacks/meals and wellness activities) and in favor with God (sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ) and man (instilling young men and women with Godly character).
In accordance with the mission statement of the Coalition, the Site Tutor to implement programs and build effective relationships with the children to fulfill the ministry and mission of Coalition For Kids.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all appropriate meetings and events
- Participate in all required training
- Willingness to obtain a Commercial Driver License (21+)
(CDL licensed personnel are required to follow transportation procedures and responsibilities)
- Provide a safe environment and oversee children’s daily activities
- Set a positive Christian example in word, actions, attitudes, and relationships
- Establish an effective, positive, personal and team relationships with schools parents and staff
- Prepare and use educational resources for daily classroom activities
- Build relationships with the children
- Check homework daily
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Know the procedures involved in programming operations
- Communicate with your Site Director daily classroom behaviors
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with children in a group setting
- Ability to keep students engaged and excited about learning
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Timely, reliable and accurate record-keeping abilities
- Model pro-active integrity and ethics
This position would be full-time or part-time based on programming needs. Work availability must be flexible Monday-Friday throughout the calendar year.
Employee must be physically healthy enough to walk extended periods of time, play with children, and lift-up to 50 pounds.
Tutors report to:
Site Director, Director of Programming, Director of Program Development
Employment with Coalition For Kids, Inc. would be an “at-will” nature. This means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge an employee at any time and for any or no reason. Furthermore, an employee’s “at-will” statue may not be changed by any written document or by conduct unless such change is especially acknowledged in writing by the Executive Director.
COVID-19 response: All staff, guest and volunteers that are unvaccinated must follow protocols of wearing a mask in classrooms & common areas during program. Covid-19 protocols are subject to change to meet the state and local guidance recommendations.
- tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
- Johnson City, TN 37601 (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, just click below to send us an email and we will be more than happy to help.
Download our application below
If you prefer a paper application, simply click below to download our employment application. Please complete that and send it to Coalition For Kids, Inc.
2423 Susannah Street Johnson City, TN 37601