Hello! Would you like to join our amazing team?
View our available positions below
Coalition For Kids-After School program in Johnson City and Bristol, Tn
Tutor/Counselor hourly rate: $8.50-$10.00
Part-time hours 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm M-F (no weekends)
Our mission is to help our children grow in wisdom (offering tutoring opportunities for academic success) and stature (feeding proper nutrition with snacks/meals and wellness activities) and in favor with God (sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ) and man (instilling young men and women with Godly character).
In accordance with the mission statement of the Coalition, the Site Tutor to implement programs and build effective relationships with the children to fulfill the ministry and mission of Coalition For Kids.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all appropriate meetings and events
- Participate in all required training
- Willingness to obtain a Commercial Driver License (21+)
(CDL licensed personnel are required to follow transportation procedures and responsibilities)
- Provide a safe environment and oversee children’s daily activities
- Set a positive Christian example in word, actions, attitudes, and relationships
- Establish an effective, positive, personal and team relationships with schools parents and staff
- Prepare and use educational resources for daily classroom activities
- Build relationships with the children
- Check homework daily
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Know the procedures involved in programming operations
- Communicate with your Site Director daily classroom behaviors
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with children in a group setting
- Ability to keep students engaged and excited about learning
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Timely, reliable and accurate record-keeping abilities
- Model pro-active integrity and ethics
This position would be full-time or part-time based on programming needs. Work availability must be flexible Monday-Friday throughout the calendar year.
He/she must be physically healthy enough to walk extended periods of time, play with children, and lift-up to 50 pounds.
Site Director, Director of Programming, Director of Program Development
Employment with Coalition For Kids, Inc. would be an “at-will” nature. This means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge an employee at any time and for any or no reason. Furthermore, an employee’s “at-will” statue may not be changed by any written document or by conduct unless such change is especially acknowledged in writing by the Executive Director.
education, childcare, children, after school, tutor, academic, teaching, teacher, educator
Director of Development
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 (Negotiable)
This is a full-time position that will report directly to the Executive Director. Provides leadership for the organization’s efforts in fundraising and development. Leads with passion and vision. Should be highly creative and an ongoing generator of ideas. The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to grow Coalition’s visibility, impact, and funding. The Director of Development will also help build and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develop, diversify, and manage a comprehensive strategy for building a large sustained base of annual individual donors, designed to broaden the donor base of Coalition For Kids and increase overall giving participation needed to support the infrastructure of an identified budget.
- Develop coordinated solicitation strategies designed to retain, elevate, and recruit individuals, companies, and organizations to be part of donor pipeline. Work closely with advancement team to secure funding for new initiatives.
- Design and oversee implementation of the organization’s donor stewardship plan, including developing and
- maintaining ongoing relationships with annual donors utilizing tools such as ministry tours to do so.
- Personally, solicit and secure individual donations, event sponsorships, and annual fundraising events, including recruitment of event hosts.
- Work collaboratively on organization of special events, especially fundraising events
- Oversee and work collaboratively with the Grants Leader in growing and supporting federal, state, public, and private grants to support the organization.
- Work with supervisor in developing and maintaining advancements budgets and ensure budget compliance with direct reports.
- Provide needed data and/or report outcomes and measurements as requested. Manage additional projects and tasks as assigned, participate with any assigned groups or committees, and participate in area ministry network and organization events as requested, including working outside normal schedule as needed.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Coalition For Kids, Inc.; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in non-profit fundraising strongly preferred
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all stakeholder groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Willingness to work extended hours
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, just click below to send us an email and we will be more than happy to help.
Would you prefer a paper application?
If you prefer to send us a paper application, simply click below to download our employment application. Please complete that and send it to Coalition For Kids, Inc.
2423 Susannah Street Johnson City, TN 37601