Hello! Would you like to join our amazing team?
View our available positions below
STEM Makerspace Coordinator
STEM Makerspace Coordinator
The STEM Makerspace Coordinator will help us run a lab that will engage our youth while building their skill set for digital and technological innovation. The program will create unique opportunities for youth to engage in STEM learning through fun, safe, hands-on learning experiences that will establish the skills needed to problem solve, collaborate, and innovate to develop creative solutions to real world problems. This role will oversee the day-to-day operations of the space as well as manage the schedule and calendar of programs. Additional duties include overseeing the acquisition and installation of equipment, selection of curriculum, support of additional staff, recruitment of youth participants, and networking with technology community members through outreach and events.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Physical Facilities, Maintenance, and Safety
- Procure materials and equipment needed in the Makerspace.
- Open or coordinate the opening of the STEM Makerspace daily.
- Coordinate space services, maintenance, etc.
- Ensure the safety of those in the space by being aware of everyone who enters the makerspace and greeting visitors, making sure the First Aid Kits are continually stocked with necessary supplies, etc.
- Track equipment management, including paperwork, and ensure equipment is safely returned.
- Program Structure and Quality
- Integrate Coalition For Kids outcomes into the framework of Makerspace.
- Maintain high quality across all STEM Makerspace programs and events.
- Ensure that youth and staff are safe and productive while in the makerspace.
- Assist in planning the annual Master Calendar for all STEM Makerspace programs and events.
- Identify and document systems, procedures, and organizational structures to support the work done by staff and youth.
- Ensure best practices for program delivery and overall STEM Makerspace success are documented.
- Assist in training staff and volunteers on use of equipment and safety standards.
- Work with Director of Program Development to ensure that program evaluation components such as surveys, portfolios, etc. are being properly administered and completed and participate in evaluation strategy planning and feedback.
- Ensure that work being done in the STEM Makerspace programs is being shared with the Director of Programming and Director of Development so it can be shared through social media and other marketing endeavors.
- Outreach and Enrollment
- Ensure appropriate levels of outreach to keep STEM Makerspace programs and events are at target levels of participation and maintain target enrollment.
- Work with Director of Program Development, Director of Programming to maintain relationships with peer organizations, funders, and external stakeholders through personal communication and collaborative outreach.
- Work with Director of Community Outreach to recruit and coordinate volunteers to work with members within STEM Makerspace.
- Operations and Continuous Professional Development
- Work with Director of Program Development to ensure STEM Makerspace operations remain within the approved annual budget.
- Research, evaluate, and propose new technology tools and resources to solve problems or enhance the program and stay abreast of current topics in technology education.
- Participate in research on educational topics and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Coalition For Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- College degree or equivalent experience in a STEM related field
- Proven interest in creativity, DIY art and science projects and making
- Proven leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Possesses an awareness and sensitivity in interacting with diverse populations
- Passion for educating and sharing knowledge
- Self-starter and problem solver
After School program in Johnson City, TN and Bristol, TN
Hourly rate: $9-$10.00
Part-time hourly 20-25 hours a week
Employee must be available to work part-time in our school year program (August 2021 to May 2022).
2 pm to 7 pm M-F (no weekends)
Our mission is to help our children grow in wisdom (offering tutoring opportunities for academic success) and stature (feeding proper nutrition with snacks/meals and wellness activities) and in favor with God (sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ) and man (instilling young men and women with Godly character).
In accordance with the mission statement of the Coalition, the Site Tutor to implement programs and build effective relationships with the children to fulfill the ministry and mission of Coalition For Kids.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend all appropriate meetings and events
- Participate in all required training
- Willingness to obtain a Commercial Driver License (21+)
(CDL licensed personnel are required to follow transportation procedures and responsibilities)
- Provide a safe environment and oversee children’s daily activities
- Set a positive Christian example in word, actions, attitudes, and relationships
- Establish an effective, positive, personal and team relationships with schools parents and staff
- Prepare and use educational resources for daily classroom activities
- Build relationships with the children
- Check homework daily
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Know the procedures involved in programming operations
- Communicate with your Site Director daily classroom behaviors
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with children in a group setting
- Ability to keep students engaged and excited about learning
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Timely, reliable and accurate record-keeping abilities
- Model pro-active integrity and ethics
This position would be full-time or part-time based on programming needs. Work availability must be flexible Monday-Friday throughout the calendar year.
Employee must be physically healthy enough to walk extended periods of time, play with children, and lift-up to 50 pounds.
Tutors report to:
Site Director, Director of Programming, Director of Program Development
Employment with Coalition For Kids, Inc. would be an “at-will” nature. This means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge an employee at any time and for any or no reason. Furthermore, an employee’s “at-will” statue may not be changed by any written document or by conduct unless such change is especially acknowledged in writing by the Executive Director.
COVID-19 response: All staff, guest and volunteers that are unvaccinated must follow protocols of wearing a mask in classrooms & common areas during program. Covid-19 protocols are subject to change to meet the state and local guidance recommendations.
- tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
- Johnson City, TN 37601 (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, just click below to send us an email and we will be more than happy to help.
Download our application below
If you prefer a paper application, simply click below to download our employment application. Please complete that and send it to Coalition For Kids, Inc.
2423 Susannah Street Johnson City, TN 37601