Monday-Friday (15-30 hours a week)
Overview: In keeping with the Mission Statement of the Coalition, to implement programs and build effective relationships with the children to fulfill the ministry and mission of Coalition For Kids.
• Attend all appropriate meetings and events
• Participate in all necessary trainings
• Obtain a Commercial Drivers License
• CDL licensed personnel are required to follow transportation procedures and responsibilities
• Provide a safe environment and oversee children’s daily activities
• Set a positive Christian example in word, actions, attitudes and relationships
• Establish an effective, positive, personal and team relationships with schools parents and staff
• Prepare and use educational resources for daily classroom activities
• Build relationships with the children
• Check homework daily
• Complete necessary paperwork
• Know procedures involved in programming operations
• Communicate with your Site Coordinator daily classroom behaviors
In accordance with the Coalition For Kids’ mission, the Assistant Custodian will assume the position of caretaker of the building and facilities, in the same manner to which he or she would for his or her own personal possessions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Comply with OSHA, fire department, water department, alarm system, locksmith, plumbing, and DOH guidelines for building maintenance and sanitation.
- Notify supervisor about supply needs
- Monitor security of buildings, such as; making sure doors and windows are locked and locks are in working order.
- Paint, as needed.
- Handle urgent pest controls that don’t require a professional.
- Assist, supervise, and coordinate ongoing Volunteers with the Director of Community Outreach
- Assists with office equipment moves and repairs.
- Assists with small bus needs
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Pressure wash of outside of building, surrounding areas, filters, etc.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to any building operation systems.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of prior experience in building maintenance, preferably in a church or similar setting.
- Ability and mechanical understanding of the following machines, tools, and other special equipment used to perform job duties; hand and small power tools, ladder, vacuum, floor buffer, cleaning, and polishing chemicals.
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation and time management.
The Assistant Custodian will be a part-time employee and should be able to work a flexible schedule when needed such as; weekends and after regular business hours.
The Assistant Custodian should have the physical abilities to lift objects up to 50 pounds, be able to walk equivalent to several miles per day, be able to climb ladders, and maneuver in hard to reach places.
Chief Custodian, Director of Operations
Section 702 of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 provides that the religious discrimination law will not apply to a religious corporation, association, educational institution or society with respect to the employment of individuals of a particular religion to perform work connected with the carrying on by such a corporation, association, educational institution or society of its activities.