We have had a huge expansion of volunteers and, believe it or not, we always need more. We tell our volunteers that if they can do fifth grade math then they can help with our after school tutoring. Maybe you have a gift or talent that God has given you that you can share with children. It could be piano, cooking, singing, or playing a sport. What’s most important are the smiles that you share with the children to make their days brighter by knowing that someone out there really cares. That is the job of a volunteer. However, believe it or not, we still need more volunteers. We all have 168 hours in our week; can you spend one of those with some children that need it?
Characteristics we look for in Volunteers
- Honest in approach and attitude
- Patient when working with students
- Flexible in responding to the needs of students
- Prompt, dependable, and regular in attendance
- Friendly to tutors and children
- Supportive of administration and tutoring staff
- Willing to discover interests and strengths of each child and able to generate enthusiasm about each child
- Willing to be discreet, sincere, dedicated, and punctual
- Able to recognize the child’s need to improve self-image and independent learning habits
- Willing to communicate regularly with the staff, expressing concerns and questions with tutors or the Volunteer Coordinator
If you would like to participate and get your youth involved in a wonderful life changing ministry please call Cindy Young, our Volunteer Coordinator at 423-434-2031.
Download the Volunteer Application.